Sunday, December 16, 2007

Movie Review: I Am Legend

I like imagining the end of the world, I like visualizing a city stopped dead in it's tracks by a deadly virus that eliminates the people but keeps everything else intact - been one of my favourite macabre pass times in the past times :) Frankly, it helps me better appreciate what we have today!

That's what attracted me to I Am Legend. The world celebrates the successful cure of Cancer, before the mutated virus goes bonkers, finishing off the world's population, with most of the 6 billion dead, and a few million survivors who lose their human sensibilities and turn into animals of the dark - coming out to hunt and eat the remaining humans who had somehow survived the virus. Will Smith is the one survivor left in New York, living a very lonely life with his dog, hoping to one day meet other survivors.

The second half gets taxing, but if you share my macabre hobbies, you will certainly enjoy the first!

1 comment:

Harsha Kumar said...

Will Smith and his track record of interesting movies is what attracted me to this one. However, in the end, I was thoroughly disappointed. No real conclusion. No real story. The movie was a concept. "I Am Legend" - the title was not conveyed! At all!