Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bangaluru Rocks!

OK, make that, the new Bengaluru Airport rocks! I was in Bangalore today for a NASSCOM Innovation Awards roadshow - in fact, I am blogging from the airport while waiting for boarding to start - and flew in this morning. It's spanky new, clean and spacious, extremely well laid out, has a very upmarket Western feel to it. Very nice. The expressway into the city is also awesome, and you pass these sexy shiny green Meru taxis and red Volvos on the way. Almost so-not-India! Or rather, oh-wow-so-new-India :) Shopping is good, food is awesome too. And what's best - you have free Internet - all you need, is to send a SMS, and key in the password you receive, which gives you free connection for an hour. Need more? Just send one more SMS, that's all!

Another interesting thing was that Jet Airways actually did my online checkin for the return journey too - what's surprising? Well, I am coming back on Kingfisher!

Anyway, chalo, my boarding call is beckoning me... catch you later!

1 comment:

Shruti said...

Well my experience was quite the opposite actually! I was there one day after it was opened. Everything was crowded, messy. I found the airport so so far away...and there was no seating area for people who have come to drop you there! I have never seen anything like that!
It's like saying - who's anyway going to come this far to just to see people off, lets not waste time and money in building a waiting area..its not worth it!!
hehhe!! :D