Friday, November 06, 2009

Hyderabad Blues

Am in Hyderabad right now, here for a client visit. A 30 min meeting at 215, which made me wake up at 400 am to catch a 550 am flight, and my return flight is only at 10 pm, which will hopefully get me home by 1230.

Anyway...

So, my first impressions of this city... (I was last here maybe 20 years back!)

Amazing airport at Shamshabad, a shining example of why greenfield development is so good. Spacious, clean, airy, green foyers. Luxurious AC coaches and AC radio taxis. 6-8 lane highway connecting to the city. Lots of construction, roads, bridges and buildings... gives you a feel of Dubai.

And the rocks. The city landscape is strewn with large rocks, precariously placed on top of each other by nature. Beautiful, different, interesting!

This is definitely a city of growth.

No comments: