Saturday, November 24, 2012

CID and Talaash

As I kid, I was thrilled when the Hardy boys joined forces with Nancy Drew to solve some tough cases together. I didn't know at the time that both were characters created by the same author, and anyway, who cared? It just seemed so cool!

Later, I always thought it would be cool for TV serials to get "mixed up" - you know, have characters from one serial to come and be part of another!

Interestingly, a few months back, when Sony was launching a new soap, they did a beautiful job of introducing the lead character in the new serial through an episode of CID.

And now, you have Aamir Khan as his character from Talaash joining forces with the CID :)

How cool is that!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

To add to this CID & Talaash mix, there was one more mix (which I saw in ads) they have tried which is mixing the flow of two serials to bring in some decisive turns in both of them.

I also feel this (CID & Talaash mix) could be a result of smart advertisement/promotion plans for the bollywood movies, maybe creative thinking of Aamir & Co.
Anyway a smart 'innovation'!