Monday, September 25, 2006

My Favourite Places in the World...


Reismagos Fort and Beach, Goa: The Mandovi river rushing to meet the Arabian sea, the lovely coastline of Panaji across the river, the birds in the sky, the barges and trawlers in the river, the wind, the waves - and the peace. The best place in the world for me!


Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco: Undoubtedly, the most beautiful bridge in the world, and probably the most beautiful structure man has every built. Oh yes, even better than the Taj. Add the cold wind, the crystal clear water crashing against the shoreline, the boats, the sea gulls, the Alcatraz, and the beautiful SFO skyline, I could die here out of sheer happiness!



Luxembourg City: Just so much in Luxembourg, it's almost ironic that this is supposed to be the commercial capital of Europe in some sense! The bridges of Luxembourg are beautiful, the old quarter almost surreal, and the whole place just makes you want to fall in love with it, over and over again!



Castle Bouillon, Belgium: This is where The Crusades began - a lovely medieval castle over a thousand years old, overlooking the Meuse river and a lovely town below. With the mists rolling in, the light rain and the shimmering sun on the river - it was a sight I can never forget.

1 comment:

Harsha Kumar said...

:( Show Off ... He he...Kidding.. ;) Very inspirational for me... Reminds me of a few promises I made to myself..