Monday, May 28, 2007

Reality Shows

TV is full of reality shows of all kinds today - the talent hunts, the wildest videos and car chases, the guiness records and the believe it or nots.. but what I love most are the makeover shows.

There's one where the "Overhaulers" steal your old car, and give it back to you shining and customized new! Usually, a family member is roped in to be the insider. And while working on the car, they play a few naughty pranks with you, leading you to be all frustrated and angry - till the surprise at the end. Another show involves the "monsters" taking over your pad and converting it into a one-of-a-kind place, complete with the craziest interiors and furniture, and the latest and best in accessories. The "while you were away" show does a similar make over to your old home. I think these shows are fantastic - they do not cheat the audience into sending millions of dollars worth of messages, they do not risk lives, and most importantly, they actually bring a lot of love and cheer into people's lives - I would love to be on one of these shows, and see someone's face light up at my creation - I think the hugs on the show are some of the most genuine expressions of love you can ever see any where!

1 comment:

Harsha Kumar said...

Number one: I love all of the shows you mentioned! I love most shows on Travel and Living actually :)

Number two: I would love to be on one of those shows too! Would love for someone to give a free makeover to my house or my Neeloo.. He he.. On second thoughts, Neeloo is fine the way she is :)