Sunday, December 30, 2012

Shades, Finally

I got my first pair of shades. More than twenty years after I first got my specs, I finally managed to muster the guts to go for contacts, and with them, my first dark glasses. With my high powered lenses making larger sized frames a complete no no, and not wearing glasses not even a remote possibility, I could only salivate when I saw others flaunting their eyewear.

Now, coming to the interesting bits...

While I am yet to get used to the idea and technique of getting a foreign film into my eyes, it's really been so much easier than I imagined. No dryness or irritation, no tears, no discomfort. So, for all those out there evaluating options, go check it out for yourself. I waited too long, worried about imaginary problems. However, and maybe I am jumping the gun, I think the inconveniences - all that cleanliness, the careful storage, all the don'ts (no sleeping, no dust, no rubbing) - push the deal in favour of the chasmas!

Another very interesting experience for me - things nearby look so much bigger in contacts, than in my high powered specs. People's heads, the laptop screen, my TV, my cat - looks like everyone's got a shot of whatever it is that blew up the kids!

No comments: