Sunday, December 30, 2012

Things Do Look Big In Contacts, After All!

So I wasn't wrong. I did some googling and realized a lot of others have faced the same question as I have - why do things look bigger in contacts?

So here is what happens. With glasses used to correct near sightedness, things do start appearing smaller than they are - and after years of continuously wearing glasses, the brain actually accepts and expects objects to be smaller than they are! However, since the lens is on the eye in case of contacts, there is no such aberration. So when you wear contacts, you see objects as they are, and for the "adjusted" brain, they look much bigger. The higher your spectacle power, the more pronounced this effect is.

For me, the last 36 hours have been so amazing. People, my own hand, the TV, my cat, even the fork and spoon, the DVD, the paperbacks... things look so huge compared to what I have been used to seeing them as. Unbelievable, more so knowing that they have always been that way, and I have found them to be so much smaller!

No comments: