Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Why do we Blog?

A few days ago, I asked one of my friends who is a rare visitor to my blog, why she usually does not leave any comments on the blog itself, rather than telling me in person - and her answer was, why do you need the world to know what I had to comment? Which led me to think - why do we blog anyway?

So here's why I blog:
1) I love talking and giving my opinion on every damn thing in the world - whether it is movies, the state of the country, religion, or the BRTS!
2) Writing it down makes me think a lot more, analyze a lot more, get a lot more out of my system than I can do otherwise
3) It feels awesome to find random people taking up the thread, discussing with you on topics you could have never opened up in any conversation with that person otherwise

I have visited some absolutely random blogs of people I know nothing about - but an article about someone's cooking here, a small travelogue there, a discussion on the college picnic - something just connects, and you feel part of that life, thousands of miles away!

And yes, it has made me much more aware - I am now always on the lookout for things to talk about, and I enjoy and appreciate things so much more!

1 comment:

Arati Rahalkar said...

Apart from personal blogs, I feel some good technical blogs are really useful and very informative.

Blogging has definitely become very big, and is the latest fad and everyone around has a blog. And I look at it as one of the many things internet has given us - a way to share your ideas, your thoughts with the world, and while you pour your thoughts in the blog instead of a paper now, if it helps someone else - nothing like it!