Saturday, September 27, 2008

Chak De, Once More

Saw Chak De, yet again... and thoroughly enjoyed it, yet again! Amazing movie, with an amazing cast, a beautiful script, and some fantastic moments. SRK shows why he is the King - the movie would have probably been a whimper without the passion and energy he brings to the field.

My favourite scenes, in no specific order:
1) His first meeting with the team, when he says, And I am the coach of Indian Women's Hockey Team!
2) The "only one goonda in a team" dialogue
3) The girls and boys teams saluting each other scene
4) The girls' flight to Australia and their first moments there
5) The party, and the girls' entry in those beautiful sarees
6) The scene where he watches the "gora" unfurling the Indian flag
7) The scene at Intermission, just after the fight at MacD when he wears his shades and says, tomorrow, 5.00 am, at the ground!

I remembered last year, when India won the T20 World Cup, and all of us, including Siddha and Shweta went out celebrating over town, the Chak De song blaring full volume from Lisa's speakers... just so awesome!

I can probably go on and on... but one thing's sure, next time I watch it, I will want to blog about it, yet again!

2 comments:

Harsha Kumar said...

I watched Lakshya once again! And totally loved it! Farhaan is quite the genius.. :)

Siddhesh said...

Hmmm yes, it's a good movie - but I don't remember much of it except a stupid song :)