Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Customer Service After All!

We always crib about poor service all the time, but trust me, there are a lot of great examples of great customer service too!

A few days back, we had a pretty poor experience at the new, renovated Flags. After a couple of days, I got a mail from them asking for feedback, and I took the opportunity to crib, and made some suggestions. Surprisingly, I soon received a mail from their Corporate Head, Kedar Partagalkar, apologizing and thanking me for my suggestions. Nice!

More interesting, some time back we had visited Ecoscapes at Ishanya Mall. I gace my card for swiping, but the machine screwed up and finally I paid in cash and left. A few mins back, I got a call from the lady at the counter that the machine had actually swiped my card successfully after all, not once but twice, and could I please come and collect the cash refund? I went back to her, told her it wouldnt matter even it it swiped, since I had not actually signed any receipt and hence she wouldn't really be able to charge me anyway. She said OK, and said I could always come back a few days later once I got confirmation from my bank. A few days later, I got a call from her, confirming that the machine had actually swiped - again, I told her the same story, and promised her I would come back to collect the refund if the bank did at all charge me. Very, very sweet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got my Reliance NetConnect activated by writing to Anil Ambani :) The customer care executives had been giving me false assurances of doing the needful and then simply refused to address my request unless i personally visited one of their offices (when i had already duly submitted all docs proofs etc)..So I poured out my frustation in a nice long mail to him (one can easily get his email id if you google) complaining about their poor service and how it was turning away potential customers like me (also told him to just google a bit to get an idea of the poor image they were creating for themselves :P)within 24 hrs of writing to him, i got several calls from his office and on realising that i was unnecessarily being harrassed with no fault of mine, they got my job done totally hassle free and in no time! :) they also gave a follow up call after that..

My experience with Airtel, however, was very disappointing.. that's another long (but sob) story :)

Anonymous said...

Me 2 had great experience @ Flags. We sat down, ordered drinks, then they told me Credit Card machine is not working. I was in a fix since I dont carry all that cash. But he told e not to worry and njoy the food. He then actually sent someone home to collect the check next day. Very impressive :)