Monday, February 23, 2009

MapmyIndia Navigator

I bought a really cool GPS-based navigator yesterday for my car from MapmyIndia. I never expected it to be so awesome, but it has to be experienced to be believed. While I had seen this earlier in Europe, given that the real value of such a product lies in the quality of data, I must say I am very impressed! Not only does it give extremely relevant directions, it also recalculates, gives excellent voice-enabled directions, has a lot of cool features including ability to specify which roads to avoid, and a whole bunch of very smart algorithms. I have been trying to drive it crazy, but so far it's persisted in gently bringing me back on track :)

At a discount price of 10K, it's a steal!



For more, check out http://www.mapmyindia.com/

3 comments:

Ray said...

Awesome isn't it? I saw the video and they said they have started the project since 1994. I hope they have updated the maps since then. Just two days ago I was shopping for a GPS(The US has more roads than people) and this thought crossed my mind - when will India have its own maps? And voila the answer is here. pretty cheap too :). The Josh machine with navigation way to go Sir!!

Siddhesh said...

:) The Josh machine is still there, but this is the Go Fida car :)

But yes, it's totally awesome :)

Even when I walk in my apartment now, I wish someone would tell me when to take the next left after bearing right... lol..

Harsha Kumar said...

Cool system.. :)
But I stick to what I said earlier.. shortcut icons for nearby hotels, hospitals and petrol pumps would've been cool too :)