Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mumbai Meri Jaan

A random thought, I know... but I had to say this. The people in Mumbai are just awesome! Last week when I was in Mumbai, every time I stopped to ask for directions, I was touched by the way people came forward to help. People didn't dismiss me - they didn't get me out of their way. They stopped what they were doing to give me directions, making sure I understood. They wanted to help me, they wanted to see me succeed.

In the city of dreams, which are broken more often than realised, where life is usually a struggle, people standing in the sun, in the smoke and grime, slogging hard to earn the day's meal, still wanted to help this stranger in an AC car.

In his success, they took genuine interest and happiness.

I can never stop loving this city.

1 comment:

Harsha Kumar said...

Now, you'll probably never have to ask for directions :)